Dave’s resume is available for viewing/download in the following formats:
Senior I.T. Specialist with multiple professional certifications, numerous work performance awards, leadership experience, and more than 20 years of professional work experience. Responsibilities have included managing and supporting developers, application development, server administration, multimedia production, and system design, maintenance, and support across a wide spectrum of organizations such as:
- Western Australia’s Department of Housing (DOH)
- Western Power
- Public Trustee of Western Australia (PTWA)
- Western Australia’s Department Attorney General (DoTAG)
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP)
- U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- NASA / Lockheed Martin
- UUNET / MCI Worldcom
- Visual Studio, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Azure, SQL Server Reporting Services
- WordPress, Adobe Photoshop, Sony Vegas Pro, DVD Architect Pro
- C# and SQL Code Micro-optimization, ETL Development, Technical/Process Documentation
Re-architected Western Australia’s Department of Housing’s business intelligence framework with multiple C# and SQL components to maximize the use of parallel processing. Developed Android and iOS mobile apps for Western Power allowing residents in Western Australia to check their power status from any mobile device. These solutions have been highlighted in Microsoft Case Studies.
Assisted in the conversion of PTWA’s primary client information system from Cobol/Oracle to .NET Windows application with an SQL backend.
Programmed and supported multiple systems for Western Australia’s DOJ including the Integrated Court Management System (ICMS), Fines and Enforcement Registry (FER), and Electronic Transcript Request System (ETRS)
Designed and developed systems to support the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Customs and Border Protection division including those used by the Assistant Commissioners.
Appointed principle web developer to design and implement the “Highwaynet” website which was tied into the Virginia Department of Transportation’s (VDOT) highway cameras to provide live traffic video feeds to paid subscribers.
Developed part of the java-based desktop user interface supporting the IRS Tax System Modernization (TSM) initiative.
Installed hardware, laid network cables, and programmed components of the Hubble Space Telescope Ground System located at NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center.
MCSA – SQL Server 2012/2014
MCSE – SQL Server 2014 Business Intelligence & Data Platform
MCSD – Web Applications
MCTS – .Net Framework 2.0 Windows Applications
MCTS – Visual Studio Team Foundation Server Administration
MCDST – Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician
SCJP – Sun Certified Java Programmer
Bachelor of Science, Computer Science, Virginia Tech, 1996
- “GI Delivery Award Excellence Winner”, Unisys Corporation, “completed Western Australia’s Public Trustee upgrade ahead of schedule, exceeding client expectations, delivering quality results, and meeting or exceeding financial targets”, May 2009.
- “Bronze Recognition Award”, Unisys Corporation, “In recognition of your exceptional achievement and contribution to the success of Unisys”, March 2004.
- Letter of Commendation, U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Department of Homeland Security, “having consistently provided expert technical assistance and support to Customs and Border Protection (CBP). He continues to demonstrate a very high level of expertise in the areas of web programming, database development, Visual Basic programming, and a host information technology applications. He is dependable and very thorough in his work. In addition to his professionalism, he is a pleasant person to work with, always ready with a smile or laugh. He exemplifies the highest level of dedication to the CBP mission and is well deserving of recognition by CBP.”, January 2004.
- Letter of Commendation, US Customs Service, “having made incalculable contributions to OIT and to the US Customs Service. He personifies the qualities of an ideal employee who inspires everyone he meets with his positive attitude, generosity of spirit and extraordinary talent. His qualifications have been clearly evident to all with whom he works and have resulted in his continually being relied upon to produce timely, well-thought-out, and very high quality work.”, December 2002.
- “UUNET Customer Service Award”, UUNET Technologies, “for going above and beyond the call of normal duty, presenting a creative or non-standard solution, and demonstrating exceptional follow-through or dedication.”, October 1998.
- “Best of Campus”, May 1996 by the Internet Board of MDL Inc., “for recognition of college students’ ‘superior’ web pages.”